Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour
Who is Health Wealth Safe and MyRemoteCheckup?
Health Wealth Safe, Inc. is a healthcare technology startup providing chronic care management and remote patient monitoring through its online and on phone platform, MyRemoteCheckup.
We’re expanding rapidly and looking for qualified candidates to join our team. As a NON-CLINICAL Patient Care Navigator, you will partner with our Client Independent Physician Practices in helping patients report their wellness levels between office visits and engage in their own health-care through our smartphone apps and phone interviews.
Through these ongoing relationships, we help patients prevent avoidable emergency room visits and hospital stays and feel closer to their doctors.
You will also work directly with chronically ill patients over the phone to deliver our program’s care management services. Those services include working with the patient to complete personalized care plans, setting health-related goals, and following up every month to motivate and encourage them and measure results. You will develop lifelong relationships with patients who look forward to your calls and are grateful for your support and companionship.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Be an empathetic active listener
- Be compassionate and approachable
- Manage time effectively to achieve goals
- Quickly assess a situation and make a decision
- Understand and apply consultation and training best practices
- Think critically and solve problems
- Maintain a strong customer-service orientation
- Collaborate with your peers and other care managers
- Answer questions openly and honestly
- Be goal and results-driven
- Establish relationships with and serve as the primary point of contact for patients
- Make the required volume of outgoing calls to patients daily, maintaining high efficiency with high quality
- Receive incoming calls from patients with high quality
- Communicate with patients via SMS texting and email
- Escalate patient requests and needs to our partner medical practices.
- Perform duties under compliance with HIPAA and understand the importance of protecting patient information
- Maintain documentation of all client encounters in HWS Patient Portal and complete reporting requirements according to standards
- Participate in ongoing training, process improvements, team meetings, and online communications
- Knowledge of the medical field and EHR is preferred. English is required, but we’re also looking for Spanish, Hindi, and other foreign-language speakers.
Required Experience and Competencies:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Customer service experienced.
- Have excellent keyboarding skills.
- Call Center and phone/online-based customer service a plus.
- Healthcare experience preferred but not necessary.
- Computer and online skills.
- Ability to demonstrate phone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to remain organized and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and within established time frames.
- Listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and present the options to the patient.
- Don’t have it all? We still welcome you to apply! We are available to our patients seven days a week, including holidays, so flexible availability is a must! While some experience comes in handy, we are willing to train the right person.
What You Get From Us
You have the opportunity to directly impact patients in ways that improve the quality of their lives. You will help increase patients’ engagement in their own health and healthcare, which leads to lower morbidity and mortality, and fewer ER visits and hospital admissions.
Hours: Full-time shifts covering 8-8 on a staggered basis including weekend coverage needs.
Location: Main Patient Care Call Centers located in Metro Atlanta, Athens, Georgia.